The mission of Saint Mary Elementary School, with parents as the primary educators, is to educate the youth academically and spiritually, instilling Gospel and human values to serve others in the tradition of the Salesian Preventive System, using Reason, Religion, and Loving Kindness.
At St. Mary Elementary School, we value our existence in the integral education of students, and in our commitment to transmit a Catholic heritage, enable them to live the Gospel values. Recognizing the role of the parents as the primary educators, we serve as their partners in the holistic formation of each child, using the Preventive System of reason, religion, and loving kindness.
SAINT MARY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Where Children Love to Learn and Learn to Love
STUDENT LEARNING EXPECTATIONS:
In the Catholic, Salesian tradition of St. Mary School, students are formed in
Love to be life-long learners
- Read, write, speak clearly, listen attentively, independently, and cooperatively.
- Gather, analyze, interpret data, and utilize results with the aid of technology and other resources.
- Utilize the arts and sciences critically and creatively.
- Value every life situation as a learning experience.
- Recite the basic Catholic prayers.
- Apply the teachings and traditions of the Catholic Church.
- Demonstrate tolerance, courtesy, and respect among people of all cultures.
- Help the less fortunate through Christian services.
- Keep a joyful atmosphere.